Skip to content
In the career of 63 T20 matches, Afghan bowler Rashid Khan did not see a wicket in two consecutive matches.
The legspinner has been out of form since last year’s World Cup.
He has taken eight wickets in the last 10 matches.Ireland came very close to winning several matches in the New Zealand and South Africa series.
Neither team ended up winning, but the Irish came close to winning the series by winning the second match against Afghanistan.
After a big 7-wicket victory over Afghanistan in the first T20I, hosts Ireland won the second T20I by 5 wickets.
With this, the hosts advanced 2-0 in the five-match series.
- Host Ireland defeated Afghanistan by 5 wickets in the second match in Belfast, Ireland on Thursday.
- Afghan captain Mohammad Nabi won the toss and elected to bat at the Civil Service Cricket Club in Belfast on Thursday.
- Afghanistan collected 122 runs for 8 wickets in the allotted 20 overs.
- In response, Ireland reached the target with one over and 5 wickets in hand.
- Apart from Afghan batsman Hashmatullah Shahidi’s innings of 36 runs, nobody’s bat could shine on the day.
- Ibrahim Zadran’s 17 runs is the team’s second highest.
Among the coming and going of the rest, 6 batters could not cross the double digit house
Joshua Little, Mark Adair, Curtis Camper and Garen Delaney took two wickets each for Ireland.
Irish captain Andy Balberney laid the groundwork for the victory chasing a small target.
46 runs from 36 balls came from his bat. Apart from this, 27 runs came from the bat of the in-form Lorcan Tucker.
In the end, George Dockrell’s 25-run innings helped the Balburni team reach the port of victory.
Meanwhile, in the career of 63 T20 matches, Afghan bowler Rashid Khan did not see a wicket in two consecutive matches.
The legspinner has been out of form since last year’s World Cup. He has taken eight wickets in the last 10 matches.